GALP, a member of the Tecnico Partner Network, believes that “Energy transition is one of the greatest challenges of our times and that the future is the result of the change we build in the present”.
The GALP TecInnov Competition therefore aims to create proofs of concept created around challenges launched by Galp and of particular relevance to its business and strategy for the future.
If you have an idea that you believe may have legs to walk then this is your opportunity!
Bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral students from the Instituto Superior Técnico.
The teams must be composed mainly by members of Técnico’s academic community.
- Optimization of natural graphite anode production;
- Sodium battery recycling and second-life use
- Recycling of LFP (lithium-phosphate-iron) batteries
- GALP Smart Store challenge
- Design and optimization of a hydrogen production system for on-demand refueling of fuel cell vehicles
- Dynamic/adaptable benchmarking tool of energy storage technologies
- Energy Transition Solutions, Sustainability, and Innovation Challenge – GALP
The GALP 2023 edition of TecInnov will take place in accordance with the following deadlines:
- Submission of applications – 11 September to 02 October 2023 – Application Form
- Evaluation of applications/ Pre-selection – until 6 October 2023
- Summary presentation of each pre-selected application (pitch) – 9 to 13 October 2023
- Final selection and announcement of results – until 20 October 2023
- Implementation of the Proofs of Concept – until 20 April 2024
- Follow-up meeting – January 2024
- Presentation of results – April 2024
In the GALP 2023 edition of TecInnov, support will be granted up to a maximum of €5,000.00 (five thousand euros) for each project submitted and selected in the competition, totalling €20,000.00 (twenty thousand euros).
Criteria for the granting of support
- 1. Projects will be evaluated broadly according to the following criteria:
- Competence and suitability of the team;
- Feasibility of the project and degree of innovation;
- Economic potential and degree of robustness of the business model;
- Technology development status and time-to-market;
- Financial support requested and budget availability.
- 2. In case of equal scoring, preference is given to multidisciplinary projects;
- 3. The pre-selected ideas will be presented, in pitch format, to the competition jury, and the approved ones will be given conditions for financial support to the innovation project;
- 4. The proofs of concept may be theoretical, practical or mock-ups, solid enough to support the feasibility of the proposed concept and should be prepared over a maximum period of 6 months;
- 5. As many projects will be approved as fit the available budget;
- 6. The support to be granted is intended to support part of the project’s activities, which shall be duly specified when the support is communicated; the beneficiary shall be responsible for reimbursing, in full or in part, the financial support granted should he/she fail to carry out, under the specified conditions, the activities supported by the Institute.
Send us an email to email@example.com