Jerónimo Martins Merit Award in Industrial Engineering and Management
The Jerónimo Martins Group annually awards an academic merit award to the best student enrolled in the Degree in Industrial Engineering and Management, in the 1st phase of the National Competition for Access to Higher Education, from the Departments of Engineering and Management of Instituto Superior Técnico.
Recipients and application conditions
In the 2022/2023 edition, IST students who entered the Degree in Industrial Engineering and Management, in the 1st phase of the National Competition for Access to Higher Education, with an average equal to or greater than 16 (sixteen) values.
- Application period: 2nd to 11th of November
- Application form: fill in the form, available here.
The selection of candidates is carried out through the evaluation of the jury, in two stages:
- 1st phase: the five best candidates will be ranked according to the final grade for entry into the 1st phase of the National Competition for Access to Higher Education;
- 2nd phase: the five candidates selected in the 1st phase will make a presentation to the jury, with a maximum duration of 5 minutes, on the motivations that led them to choose the Degree in Industrial Engineering and Management, with consideration being given to how the This course can contribute to overcoming the challenges currently facing a group such as the Jerónimo Martins Group.
- Monetary prize, to be given to the student, in the amount of €2,250 (two thousand two hundred and fifty euros);
- Donation to improve the quality of teaching, in the amount of €1,500 (one thousand five hundred euros).
In the 2022/2023 edition, the jury will be composed of:
- Professor Ana Carvalho (Instituto Superior Técnico)
- Professor Tânia Pinto Varela (Instituto Superior Técnico)
- Engineer Paulo Jesus (Jerónimo Martins Group)
For more information, consult the portuguese documents.
Winner Jerónimo Martins Merit Award in Industrial Engineering and Management
|Edition||Name do Aluno||Award|
|2022/2023||Maria Benedita da Câmata Pina Melo e Alvim||2.250,00€|
Corporate Partnerships Unit