The internships programme provides experience outside of the classroom, and the students have a chance to explore a particular field and to gain valuable work experience.
Applications from students: 15th April to 6th May, 2019
Selection of Candidates: 6th May to 2th June, 2019
Results: until 3th June, 2019
Signing of Contracts: 3th to 30th June, 2019
Técnico Summer internships: 1st July to 13st September, 2019
The Técnico Summer Internships initiative celebrates this year 7 years of existence in its current model. During this period more than 1250 students underwent a summer internship under this program, with 75% doing so in the last 3 years, denoting the initiative growth. In 2018 we had more than 700 summer internship offers and 5555 applications for these offers from about 860 of our students, which is indicative of the evolution and current dynamics of the program.
The Técnico Summer Internships initiative runs between July and September 2019, providing not only an opportunity for our students to have a first professional experience, but also a way to give companies the contact with a new generation of talents.
- Where and how can publish the summer internships? Técnico Job Bank platform.
- What is the duration of the summer internship? Experience from participating companies in previous editions has shown that engaging with our students during the 4 to 8 week internship period offers immediate benefits for both parties and has served as the basis for future relationships.
- What are the most attractive offers for Técnico students? The proposals should be attractive and appropriate to the profile of our students, allowing not only to make this experience more interactive and knowledge generating stage, but also to create potential ambassadors of your company with the students of the Técnico.
- What is the internship scholarship? There is no mandatory internship to be paid, but we advise to pay an internship scholarship, as well a meal and/or transportation allowance to support the student’s internship costs. In addition, it can be a differentiating and attractive factor in attracting the best students.
- Is the student covered by school insurance? Internships are covered by school insurance. If the activities are not covered by school insurance, it is necessary for the company to take out insurance to cover the risks arising from the activities carried out by the student during the internship.
- And internship contract? They can count on the support of the Técnico in the accomplishment of internship contract that allow the integration of the student in your company.
The role of Técnico Students Organizations’ :
Técnico Students Organizations’ have as main objective the dynamization of different activities that aim to reinforce the development of competences of the Técnico students, playing a fundamental role in the dynamization and promotion of the Técnico Summer Internships initiative. This year 2019, the ISTSI team brings together the following groups of Technician students to boost and promote this initiative:
AeroTéc; Civil Forum; Mechanical Forum; N3E; NAEN; NEB; NEBM; NEEA; NEECIST; NEEGI; NEETI; NEIIST; NEMat; NEQIST; NFIST; NMATH; Nuclear; NUMIST
For participation contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Corporate Partnerships Unit