Target audience and application conditions
Candidates for the BNP Paribas Merit Award in Introduction to Mathematical Finance will be all IST students enrolled in UC Introduction to Mathematical Finance.
Rules and Conditions
- Students will be ranked according to the final grade as defined in the U.C. Introduction to Mathematical Finance evaluation method, upon evaluation by the jury.
- If there is a tie, for the tiebreaker selected students should make a Pitch for the jury.
If, after applying the tiebreaker criterion, the tie still persists, the jury will decide the best way to make the tiebreaker.
- Honorable mentions will be given to the 3 best students who have a grade higher than 17.
- Monetary prize, to be given to Student, amounting to € 1.350;
- Donation for the improvement of the education quality, in the amount of €900.
The jury panel must be composed of more than one IST faculty member so that they have a majority of the votes.
In the 2020/2021 edition, the jury will be composed of:
- Cláudia Philippart (IST)
- José Mourão (IST)
- Pedro Girão (IST)
- Pierre Hanton (BNP Paribas)
- François Girardot (BNP Paribas)
(See regulation of the respective academic year for more information).
- Merit Award Regulation BNP in Introduction to Mathematical Finance 2020-2021 (EN), (PDF, 331KB)
- Merit Award Regulation BNP in Introduction to Mathematical Finance 2021-2022 (EN) (PDF,180KB)
Winners of BNP Merit Award in Introduction to Mathematical Finance Award
|2020/2021||Armando Sobrinho Assembleia||€1.350,00|
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org