Celfocus Merit Award in Machine Learning
Target audience and application conditions
Candidates for the Celfocus Merit Award in Machine Learning will be all IST students enrolled in UC Machine Learning.
Rules and Conditions
- 1. Students will initially be ranked according to their academic performance in the curricular unit. Subsequently, a set of approximately five (5) students will be selected by the head of the curricular unit.
2. The selected students will be invited to present a pitch about the work developed within the curricular unit of Machine Learning.
3. The presentation / pitch should be individual.
4. The pitch will have a duration of 3 to 5 minutes and will be complemented with 5 to 10 minutes of questions from the jury.
5. The jury will evaluate each student based on the pitch, with the following criteria
– Security and clarity in the presentation and subsequent interaction with the jury;
– Choices made in the work;
6. The jury’s decision is not subject to appeal.
- Monetary prize, to be given to Student, amounting to € 1.325;
- Donation for the improvement of the education quality, in the amount of €883.
The jury panel must be composed of more than one IST faculty member so that they have a majority of the votes.
(See regulation of the respective academic year for more information).
Winner of Celfocus Merit Award in Machine Learning
Corporate Partnerships Unit