Engineer Fernando Ivo Gonçalves Merit Award
The Engineer Fernando Ivo Gonçalves Award was established in 2016 by an Agreement for the Support of the Academic Merit Award, concluded between the Instituto Superior Técnico (IST) and Doctor Nuno Eduardo da Silva Ivo Gonçalves, family representative of the Engineer Fernando Ivo Gonçalves, IST alumni.
Target audience and application conditions
Students of the Integrated Master’s Degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering who, in the academic year of the award, meet the following conditions:
- Attend the Master’s Degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering (MEEC);
- Are pursuing the MEEC’s Main Specialization Area in Energy;
- Have obtained approval in at least 4 curricular units of the Major Specialization Area of Energy of MEEC.
Candidates who meet the above conditions are automatically identified and ranked for the purpose of application.
The jury will select the candidate who, in its opinion, gathers the best scientific characteristics, considering:
- The classifications already obtained in the curricular units of the MEEC’s Main Specialization Area in Energy and in Fundamentals of Electrical Energy, which has double weight and must have been completed at IST;
- Other relevant curricular aspects, including the writing of papers on subjects related to the professional career of Engineer Fernando Ivo Gonçalves.
Monetary prize to be given to students, amounting to €3000 (three thousand euros);
The jury should be composed of:
- The Coordinating Prof. of the Energy Scientific Area;
- The Coordinator Prof. of the MEEC’s Energy Specialization Area;
- The Prof. Responsible for the curricular unit of Fundamentals of Electrical Energy;
- A representative of the family of the engineer Fernando Ivo Gonçalves.
Winners of Engineer Fernando Ivo Gonçalves Merit Award
|2015/2016||João David Mendes Tomé||€3000|
|2016/2017||Guilherme Marto Paraíso||€3000|
|2017/2018||Inês Lopes Rosa||€3000|
|2018/2019||Alexandre Miguel Venâncio Gouveia||€3000|
|2019/2020||Inês Reis Gaspar||€3000|
|2020/2021||Gonçalo Duarte Calado||€3000|
|2021/2022||António Maria Jerónimo||€3000|
Corporate Partnerships Unit