A THE NAVIGATOR COMPANY awards an academic merit award each year to the best team in the curricular unit of Management Production of the Integrated Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering from the Mechanical Engineering Department (DEM) of IST.
All IST students enrolled in the curricular unit of Management Production of the Integrated Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering of IST, specifically the teams formed within the discipline, with a maximum of 5 elements each.
- Students, of the U.C. from Management Production of the Integrated Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering of IST, in groups of 4 to 5 elements, carry out a project in the U.C. which consists in the identification of a Production Management problem (need for improvement) in an industrial company, and consequent quantitative diagnosis, identification of source causes, definition of target value, countermeasures and action plan;
- The project is embodied in a presentation at the end of the semester, the last week of classes, and the delivery of an A3-Problem Solving report.
- Monetary prize, to be delivered to the winning project, amounting to €1.750 (one thousand seven hundred and fifty euros).
- Donation for the improvement of the education quality, in the amount of €1167 (one thousand, one hundred and sixty-seven euros).
The jury should be composed of more than one IST member, so that they have a majority of the votes.
Winners Navigator Merit Award in Management Production
|2018/2019||ThinkLean||Filipe Correia; Gonçalo Pereira; Gonzalo Celedón; Sofia Gonçalves e Xavier Ferreira||1.750,00€|
|2019/2020||Mind for Lean||Cristiano Silva, João Encarnação, Pedro Ramalho, Rúben Ezequiel, Samuel Magalhães||1.750,00€|
|2020/2021||SixthS||Ana Rita Nunes; André Luís; José Costa Lopes; Leonor Jud; Margarida Verdade; Micael Coelho||1.750,00€|
- The Navigator Merit Award Ceremony (2018/2019)
- Equipa “Mind For Lean” conquista prémio de mérito da Navigator 2019/2020